SKU Code: SUB/SSB/SC/BL
This watch is one of our current military specification divers watches in a robust stainless steel case with matching bracelet and a sapphire crystal, this automatic (self winding) 24 jewel model with a 41 hour power reserve and represents exceptional value for such a high specification watch.
This watch measures 45mm including the crown and 40mm excluding the crown and uses the the same 20mm strap as most other contemporary military issue divers watches.
If preferred the stainless steel bracelet can also be removed and a silicon strap or NATO band can be fitted in its place. There are also two images here showing the watch with a NATO strap so you can see how it would look.
Dimensions and Specification:
- 300m / 1000ft Water Resistant
- Screwdown crown
- Width Inc Crown 45mm (Exc Crown 40mm)
- Thickness 15mm
- Crystal: Sapphire with anti reflective coating*
- Crystal Diameter 31mm
- Lug to Lug 49mm
- Weight 170g
- Illumination: Super Luminova
- 20mm Steel Bracelet
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it’s normally only fitted to higher end watches.