SKU Code: W10/445-2022
This automatic self-winding classic 1940s/1950s pattern MWC military watch with a small subsidiary dial second hand is based on the typical designs used by the British forces from the 1940s through to the 1950s, it retains the acrylic crystal as used on the original watches although the original hand-winding mechanical movement is upgraded to a self-winding automatic which can also be manually wound if required. The watch offers the benefit of retaining the original outward appearance whilst having the advantage of a few discreet updates to improve its suitability for use on a day-to-day basis.
This watch has a heavy stainless steel satin finish case made from Military Grade 316L stainless steel, subsidiary dial second hand, hacking function, black dial and luminous markings. The watch also has a historically accurate canvas strap as used in the 1940s and 50s.
The final image shows the original 12 watches which were made by 12 companies, Buren, Cyma, Eterna, Grana, Jaeger Le-Coultre, Lemania, Longines, IWC, Omega, Record, Timor and Vertex, MWC were not a manufacturer at this time having been founded in 1974 but this watch is very much in the spirit of the originals*
- Case Diameter: 36.5 mm exc crown, 39 mm incl crown
- Lug to Lug 43 mm
- Thickness 13.5 mm
- Lug Type: Solid fixed strap bars
- Dial Colour: Black
- Case Material: 316L stainless steel
- Caseback: 316L stainless steel
- Crown: 316L stainless steel
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM (50 m)**
- Movement: 21 Jewel Automatic
- Glass: Plexiglass / Perspex
- Luminous Material: Luminova
- Serial number on caseback
- Strap: 18 mm 1950s Pattern Canvas
- Supplied in a box
- 24 Months Guarantee
* Photo Credit: Watches Of Knightsbridge
** For details of water resistance ratings etc go to Water Resistance
For anyone interested in the history of the Dirty Dozen these links show the 12 original watches and explain the history.