SKU Code: NAV/QZ/B/SL
These robust 300m water resistant watches were specifically designed for marine, surface and airborne navigation applications, manufactured to U.S MIL-PRF-46374G specification. The watches all have a 12hr bezel, which offers a very simple and straightforward method to track a second time-zone. The bezel has high visibility numerals and the dial is also very clear and easy to read even under adverse light conditions. The watch uses Tritium GTLS (Gaseous Tritium Light Sources) which are significantly brighter than any conventional luminous watch.
The timepiece features a high quality Ronda high precision Quartz Movement (Ronda caliber 715li) designed to withstand high G-forces which has an incredible 10 year battery life as well as an end of battery life indicator. The watch is water resistant to 30 ATM (1000 ft/300m) although it is not a diving watch due to using an entirely different bezel format to permit usage in two time zones it is manufactured to the same water resistance rating as our divers models with screw down crown and caseback. The main difference between this watch and many other models which we manufacture is that it is designed to maintain high levels of accuracy at altitudes up to 12,000m / 40,000ft without compensatory pressurization.
The case is made of stainless steel. The rotating outer bezel provides annotations to enable the watch to show the time in two different time zones.
The crystal is military grade sapphire which is highly scratch resistant with two internal layers of non reflective coating. The dial features a radioactive tritium symbol. Tritium is a radioactive isotope of hydrogen. When it decays, it emits beta particles although these do not penetrate skin, plastic, glass, etc. Whilst the vials contain radioactive gas even when they are all taken together they contain less than the personal limit of 25 millicuries – see U.S Nuclear Regulatory Commission regulations 10 CFR 30.15.
Dimensions and Specification:
- 300m / 1000ft Water Resistant
- Movement: Ronda 715li with 10 year battery life
- GTLS Tritium Light Sources
- Width: Excluding Crown: 40mm
- Width including Crown: 45mm
- Thickness: 14.4mm
- Crystal Diameter: 30.5mm
- Crystal Type: Sapphire with anti reflective coating*
- Lug to Lug: 48mm
- Screwdown crown
- Crown 5.5mm
- 20mm NATO Webbing Strap
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it’s normally only fitted to higher end watches.